As a communicator my focus is on bridging the gap between active science research and public science literacy and engagement.
I am driven by genuine excitement and wonder in the world around us, and the enjoyment of sharing this experience with others.
To me, good science communication provides moments of connection for people with the world around them; where scientific concepts fall into place through stories, where a sense of awe creeps in, and where critical thinking and hands-on experience lead people to their own discoveries.
- Presenter, Scienceworks Museum (2017-ongoing)
- Senior educator with the Victorian Space Science Education Centre (VSSEC) (2016-ongoing)
- Teaching associate for undergraduate Earth Sciences, Monash University (2016)
- Guest palaeontologist, Bullarto Primary School website launch (2016)
- Workshop presenter (VSSEC), Final Frontier Festival, Melbourne University (2016)
- International presenter, International Conference of Undergraduate Research (ICUR), Warwick (2015)
- Trainer/supervisor of undergraduate volunteers, technical paleontology work (2015)